Water Treatment Operations and Maintenance
The Water Treatment Division operates and maintains the Vernon Campbell Water Treatment Plant. The plant is a lime softening facility capable of treating 17 million gallons of water a day.
In addition, staff maintain 32 active water well sites, 27 inactive water well sites, and 6 water towers.
The City recently completed Phase 2 upgrades to the Water Treatment plant that consisted of:
- Addition of Ozone for taste and odor control
- Addition of Ultraviolet Light disinfection
- Conversion from chlorine gas to bleach generation
- Addition of an Administration Building
In 2022 the division sent a total of 5.50 Billion gallons of water to City of Norman water customers
- The water treatment plant produced 3.63 Billion gallons of water
- The water wells produced 1.52 Billion gallons of water
- The division purchased 345.39 Million gallons of water from Oklahoma City
To view the 2-year trend in water production, click here.