City of Norman is divided into eight geographical areas called Wards. The voters in each Ward elect a Council member to represent them, and all City voters elect the Mayor. The eight Council members and the Mayor form the nine-member Norman City Council.
The Mayor is elected for a three-year term and Council members are elected to a two-year term and serve part-time at the head of the City's Council-Manager form of government. The Mayor and Council appoint a City Manager to serve as the City's chief administrative official.
More information about elected officers of the City of Norman can be found in the City Charter.
City Council Meeting and Contact Information
When and where are City Council Meetings held?
- Regular City Council meetings are held on the 2nd, and 4th Tuesday at City Hall in the Council Chambers at 6:30 p.m. located at 201 W. Gray. They are shown live on the City of Norman YouTube Channel.
- Council Conferences are held as needed before a regular City Council Meeting on the 2nd, and 4th Tuesday at City Hall in the Executive Conference Room located at 201 W. Gray at 5:30 p.m.
- Study Sessions are scheduled as needed, generally on the 1st, 3rd, & 5th Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall in the Executive Conference Room located at 201 W. Gray.
- Special Sessions are scheduled as needed and are held at City Hall in the Executive Conference Room located at 201 W. Gray.
How do I request to speak at a City Council Meeting?
You are required to sign up in advance of the meeting on the City’s webpage, by calling the City Clerk's Office (405-366-5406), or at the Council Chambers prior to the start of the meeting with your name, ward, and item you wish to speak to including whether you are a proponent or opponent. When the time comes for public comments, the Clerk will call your name and you can make your way to the podium. Comments may be limited on items of higher interest, if so, the Mayor will announce that at the beginning of the meeting. Participants may speak one time only up to 3 minutes per person per item. There will be no yielding of time to another person. Sign up does not guarantee you will get to speak if the allotted time for that item has already been exhausted. If there is time remaining after those registered to speak have spoken, persons not previously signed up may have the opportunity to speak. Comments received must be limited to the motion on the floor only.
City Council Contact List
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 405-876-9216
Ward 1 Councilmember - VACANT
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 405-876-9170
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 405-876-9196
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 405-876-3143
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 405-876-9237
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 405-876-9239
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 405-876-9262
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 405-876-9263
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 405-876-9166
To email all City Councilmembers: email@example.com
For accessibility assistance please contact the ADA Technician at 405-366-5424.