Regular City Council meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month in the Municipal Building, Council Chambers at 6:30 p.m. located at 201 W. Gray. You may attend in person or you can watch the meetings on the City's YouTube Channel.
How to Sign Up to Speak at regular City Council Meetings
All sign ups must be done before the meeting starts
- The City has a webform that the public can use to sign up for regular City Council Meetings. The webform will open for submissions once the agenda has been posted, which is typically the Friday before the meeting, unless there is a holiday. The webform will close at 4:00 p.m. the day of the meeting unless otherwise noted. If there are no Off-Consent items on the agenda for public comment this form will only be open for Miscellaneous Discussion submissions.
- You may also sign up by calling the City Clerk's Office at (405) 366-5406 during regular business hours.
- For walk-in sign ups, there will be a form at the back of the room the day of the meeting beginning at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers. The form will be removed when the meeting starts.
When the time comes for public comments for those that have signed up to speak, the Clerk will call your name and you can make your way to the podium. Comments may be limited on items of higher interest, if so, the Mayor will announce that at the beginning of the meeting. Participants may speak one time only up to 3 minutes per person per item. There will be no yielding of time to another person. Sign up does not guarantee you will get to speak if the allotted time for that item has already been exhausted. If there is time remaining after those registered to speak have spoken, persons not previously signed up may have the opportunity to speak. Comments received must be limited to the motion on the floor only.
Please note that some City Council meetings and/or City Council Committee meetings do not allow for public comment or miscellaneous discussion. If you have any questions about a City Council meeting please call the City Clerk's Office at (405) 366-5406.
For information on how to speak at other Boards & Commissions or Committee meetings please click here as each board has their own policy.
Upcoming City Council Meetings:
- City Council Special Session on August 9, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. - Agenda & Agenda Packet
- City Council Meeting on August 9, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. - Agenda & Agenda Packet
Below is a list of Boards & Commissions and the dates that their agendas/minutes will begin being posted on the New Public Meetings Directory page. This information will be updated as it becomes available. All other agendas/minutes are available on the Agenda and Minutes Finder page.
- City Council - 07/06/2021
- Community Planning and Transportation Committee - 08/26/2021
- Business & Community Affairs Committee - 09/02/2021
- Planning Commission - 09/09/2021
- Finance Committee - 09/16/2021
- Oversight Committee - 10/14/2021
If you have any questions or if you are needing a copy of an agenda that is not posted please contact the City Clerk's office at 405-366-5386.
For accessibility assistance please contact the ADA Technician at 405-366-5424.