The City of Norman Utility Customer Service Division is responsible for the billing and collection of Water, Sewer and Sanitation revenues. We strive to uphold our excellent customer service reputation on which our citizens have come to rely.
Utility Billing or Customer Service Questions? Call 405-217-7739
Utility Service Rates
The following rates are per unit minimums.
- $6.00 Base Fee per Unit
- $3.35 per 1,000 up to 5,000 gallons
- $4.10 per 1,000 for 5,001 to 15,000 gallons
- $5.20 per 1,000 for 15,001 to 20,000 gallons
- $6.80 per 1,000 over 20,000
- Low Income Rate - $4.50 Base Fee and $2.5125 per 1000 up to 5,000 gallons; normal rates after 5,000 gallons (must qualify based on Federal Guidelines)
- High Usage Surcharge of $0.35 per 1,000 gallons of water usage for each 1,000 gallons used by a household that is in excess of 20,000 gallons for each month during the months of July and August
- $6.00 Base Fee per Unit
- $3.80 per 1,000 gallons (up to the user's average winter consumption)
- $4.20 per 1,000 gallons (for usage exceeding the user's average winter consumption)
Residential and Commercial
- $5.00 Base Rate per Unit
- $2.70 per 1,000 gallons of consumption
- $5.00 Maintenance Fee
- Low Income Rate - $2.50 discount on the Maintenance Fee
Residential and commercial sewer rates are calculated using the same formula; however, commercial rates are computed monthly based on 80% of water consumption while residential rates are computed yearly, based on the average water consumption billed during the months of December, January and February. Residential rates change each March. Apartment complexes not individually metered are calculated yearly using the same formula multiplied by the number of units.
- Regular Rate:
- Residential - $14.00 per unit
- Commercial - $19.64 per unit
- Low Income Rate:
- Residential - $10.50 per unit (must qualify based on Federal Guidelines)
- Commercial - N/A (must qualify based on Federal Guidelines)
- Residential - $3.00 per unit
- Low Income Rate - $2.40 per unit
- Oklahoma Solid Waste Management Act (OSWMA)
- Residential - $.20 per unit
- Commercial - $.20 per unit
- Capital Improvement Charge (CIC)
- Residential - $2.00 per unit
- Commercial - 60% of sewer $ figure
Utility Service Start Up Costs
Deposits for each meter are required by City Code and are refundable when the account has been closed. The amount of the deposit is $60.00 for residential customers. Commercial deposits begin at $30.00. To better serve our customers, it is no longer necessary to come into our office to start an account. Customers may call our office to establish service and their deposit can be added to their first bill.
In addition to the deposit, a one-time processing/connection fee of $10.00 is also added to the first bill for each new account opened.
Deposits are transferable to another Norman address and the transfer fee is $20.00
Utility Service Hours & Policy
Our office hours are 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. For the convenience of our customers, a drive through window is located on the West side of our Building. The drive through window has the same business hours as our office, and we do ask that you have a copy of your billing with you when using the drive through window.
Also located on the West side of our building is our night deposit box. This box is for use by our customers who cannot come in during business hours. However, payment received in the night deposit after 5:00 P.M. on the due date are still subject to late fees of 10% of the unpaid balance.
Failure to receive your bill does not avoid or waive your billing or penalty.
Payment arrangements for delinquent accounts can be made if the customer calls prior to delinquent date. If service has been discontinued for nonpayment, a $50.00 trip charge is assessed to the account. In order to have service restored payment in full must be received in our office.
Monthly charges will continue to accrue until such time a customer requests service be turned off, or taken out of their name.
Payment may be made in the form of cash, check, money order, cashier's check, Visa or MasterCard.
NOTE: A convenience fee of $3.00 is applied to all credit and debit card payments.
Automatic Bank Draft Payment for Utility Service Bills
Fast and Easy! Automatic Bank Draft Payments for your City of Norman Utility Bill are now available. Your checking account can now be drafted to pay your monthly Utility bill. By returning a completed Automatic Bank Draft Authorization Form along with a voided check the City of Norman will start this service for you in the next few weeks.
Mail form and void checks to:
City of Norman
P.O. Box 5599
Norman, Oklahoma 73070
If you currently have Automatic Bank Draft for the City of Norman utility account and would like to change the bank account it is drafted from, please send a voided check for the new account to the address above. A new Authorization form is not required to change bank account information.
For Questions about Automatic Bank Draft Payments, please contact us at (405)217-7739.
Other Utility Service Questions and Concerns
If you have a question about trash pickup, please call Sanitation at (405) 329-1023.
If you have a water or sewer emergency: (i.e., line break, sewer backup, meter leak) please call the Line Maintenance Division at (405) 329-0703.
If you have questions about the taste, smell or ingredients in your water, please call the Water Treatment Facility at (405) 321-2182.