What is ReLeaf Norman?
- A multi-year community-wide effort to replant trees in Norman
- An education and awareness campaign to foster understanding of the benefits of the urban tree canopy
- An investment in future generations
How can you participate?
- Contribute $ to Norman Parks Foundation for purchase of trees
- Send Check or Money Order to:
Norman Park Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 6523
Norman, OK 73070
- Volunteer at tree planting events
- Help us chart our progress and let us know when you have planted a tree at [email protected]
- Support your schools and churches in restoring lost or damaged trees
Energy Conservation Tips
- Turn off all unnecessary lights, especially in unused offices and conference rooms and turn down remaining lighting levels where possible.
- Minimize energy usage during peak demand hours from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Buy Energy Star appliances, products, and lights.
- Turn off your computer monitor and printer when you aren't using them.
- Set your computer to go into the energy saving mode when not being used for extended periods of time.
- Carpool, walk, bike or take public transportation.
- Recycle more, both at the office and at home.
- Last One Out Turns Off The Lights.
- Don't allow vehicles to idle for more than 5 minutes.
- Adjust the thermostat when you leave at night or for the weekend.
- Set printers and copiers to two-sided printing.