What is ReLeaf Norman?
- A multi-year community-wide effort to replant trees in Norman
- An education and awareness campaign to foster understanding of the benefits of the urban tree canopy
- An investment in future generations
How can you participate?
- Contribute $ to Norman Parks Foundation for purchase of trees
- Send Check or Money Order to:
Norman Park Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 6523
Norman, OK 73070
- Volunteer at tree planting events
- Help us chart our progress and let us know when you have planted a tree at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support your schools and churches in restoring lost or damaged trees
Energy Conservation Tips
- Turn off all unnecessary lights, especially in unused offices and conference rooms and turn down remaining lighting levels where possible.
- Minimize energy usage during peak demand hours from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Buy Energy Star appliances, products, and lights.
- Turn off your computer monitor and printer when you aren't using them.
- Set your computer to go into the energy saving mode when not being used for extended periods of time.
- Carpool, walk, bike or take public transportation.
- Recycle more, both at the office and at home.
- Last One Out Turns Off The Lights.
- Don't allow vehicles to idle for more than 5 minutes.
- Adjust the thermostat when you leave at night or for the weekend.
- Set printers and copiers to two-sided printing.
Water Conservation Information
Rain Sensors and Freeze Gauge Ordinance
- Ord. No. 0-0506-11
- check irrigation systems periodically to ensure your rain sensor or freeze gauge are working properly
- OSU Extension Fact Sheet - Irrigation Checkup for Home Sprinkler Systems
How much should I water my lawn?
- OSU Extension Fact Sheet - Irrigation Audit for Home Lawns
Average monthly bermudagrass evapotranspiration (ETturf), precipitation, and requirement for supplemental lawn irrigation in inches.
Average monthly tall fescue evapotranspiration (ETturf), precipitation, and requirement for supplemental lawn irrigation in inches.