The Board of Adjustment of the City of Norman is composed of five citizens of the community appointed for three year terms.
The Board is a quasi-judicial body that has the authority, under State and local law to grant variances to specific zoning regulations which may result in hardship on the property that is unnecessary to carry out the spirit of the ordinance.
In the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance, the powers of the Board are in three specific areas:
- To decide Appeals where it is alleged that an administrative official has made an error in the enforcement of the Ordinance
- To hear and decide Special Exceptions as provided in the Zoning Ordinance and Sign Code.
- To hear and authorize Variances as provided in the Zoning Ordinance and Sign Code.
Meets the 1st Wednesday in December and 4th Wednesday for all remaining months and no November meeting, 4:30 p.m., when warranted, Council Chambers, 201 West Gray.
Applications and Assistance
Applications for appeals, special exceptions, variances and minor variances are available below. Assistance for completing these applications will be provided by the Planning Staff.
- Board of Adjustment Application
- Board of Adjustment Minor Variance Application
- Board of Adjustment Administrative Appeal
- Board of Adjustment Administrative Appeal Instructions
Are you looking for the Boards and Commissions Board of Adjustment Page?