The mission of the Engineering Division is to provide courteous, skillful, conscientious and prompt service to the citizens of Norman and advance our community through long-term infrastructure development and sustainment.
- Engineers solutions for complex development and construction challenges.
- Performs comprehensive technical reviews of public and private improvements.
- Partners with internal departments and external agencies for the development, design and execution of Capital Projects.
- Coordinates and oversees active construction of roads, bridges, sidewalks and other critical infrastructure.
- Promptly respond to resident inquiries and complaints in a courteous manner.
- Provide other City Departments and external partners with timely, quality service.
- Leverage internal capabilities for small-scope/low-cost capital improvement projects.
- Build and inspect construction in strict accordance to plans and specifications.