This page highlights the administration of the Transit and Parking Division of the City's Public Works Department. If you are seeking information about Transit & Parking Operations (such as maps, hours of operation, and pricing) please follow the link below:
The mission of the Transit and Parking Division is to provide safe, reliable, and efficient public transportation and parking services to the citizens and visitors of the City of Norman.
The Transit and Parking Division consists of 3 full time City staff that provide the following services:
- Oversight of a third party contractor for transit operations (30+ employees) to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Research, apply, and manage grants.
- Research, review, coordinate, and implement service changes as necessary.
- Ensure the City of Norman remains in compliance with various federal and state requirements. Including Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulations related to grant management, operations, and vehicle maintenance.
- Investigate and take appropriate action in response to complaints/inquiries from the public and initiate improvements to eliminate issues as necessary.
Community Planning and Transportation Committee
The Transit and Parking Division provides a monthly report to the Community Planning and Transportation Committee of the Norman City Council - more information on which Councilmembers are on this committee, when and where they meet, and access to their agendas and minutes can be found at the link below.