AlertNorman powered by Rave Smart911 is the official emergency notification system used by the City of Norman to communicate with community residents during emergencies.
Features of AlertNorman include:
- Geo-targeted alerts based on your address
- Opt-in alerts which allows you to select which alerts pertaining to police, fire, traffic, and other emergencies you want to receive
- The ability to select how you will receive alerts. Options include text message, email, and/or voice message.
How to Sign Up for Alerts
Sign up online to receive free emergency alerts from the City of Norman via text message, email, and/or voice message. The sign up process takes no more than five minutes.
During the sign-up process, you can:
- Add your address to receive geo-targeted alerts
- Indicate what types of alerts you want to receive including police, fire, weather, traffic, emergencies. and more.
- Indicate how you want to be notified by text, email, and/or voice message.
Need to update your existing AlertNorman notification preferences?
You can update your preferences for AlertNorman notifications at anytime online by logging into your account.
We would encourage you to review your account information annually and make updates as necessary.
FAQ on AlertNorman
Have a question about AlertNorman? Learn more information about the emergency notification system here.
Sign Up for Smart911
Smart911 is a free service available to keep you and your family safer. Provided by NPD as a part of AlertNorman, Smart911 allows citizens to create a Safety Profile to give emergency responders critical information you want them to know in an emergency.
Learn more about Smart911 here.