Report a Crime
A number of ways exist for you to report a crime to the Norman Police Department.
Emergency | Call 911: If you or someone is in danger, in need of immediate help or assistance, or if a crime is actively being committed, call 911.
Non-Emergency | Call 405-321-1444: If you need to a report a crime that was previously committed or to request the assistance of an officer for a non-emergency matter.
Report Crime Online: NPD's online reporting system is another method for citizens to report crimes that do not require the presence of a police officer.
Report Crime Tips to Norman Crime Stoppers: Crime Stoppers provides a safe and anonymous way of reporting crime information to the Norman Police Department and other Cleveland County law enforcement. You can report a crime tip by calling 405-366-7867, online, or via the P3 smartphone app. Go to Norman Crime Stoppers for more information.
Commend An Officer
If you desire to commend or recognize an officer for his or her actions, send an email to email@example.com.
Make a Formal Complaint
If you have questions or concerns about your interaction with a police officer, call 405-321-1444 and request to speak with a police department supervisor. A supervisor will return your phone call or meet you in-person on the call for service or traffic stop to address your concerns.
You can file a formal complaint with the Norman Police Department in-person at 201 W. Gray Street - Building B.
All formal complaints are reviewed and investigated by the Office of Professional Standards.
Call 405-366-5201 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with the Office of Professional Standards.
- Administration / Office of the Chief: 405-366-5201
- Animal Welfare: 405-292-9736
- Community Outreach: 405-217-7743
- Crime Stoppers: 405-366-STOP (7867)
- Norman Investigations Center / Investigations Division: 405-366-5235
- Office of Media Relations / PIO: 405-307-7122
- Offender Registration: 405-366-5235
- Patrol: 405-321-1600
- Permits: 405-217-7753
- Professional Standards: 405-366-5270
- Property Custody: 405-307-7299
- Range / Training Center: 405-307-7220
- Records: 405-366-5292
- Recruiting: 405-596-5900
- School Resource Officers: 405-366-5255
- Training Section: 405-366-5273