The Norman Police Department's Online Reporting System allows you to report crimes that do not require the presence of a police officer. If you or someone else is in danger or a crime is ongoing, do not use the the Online Report Form. Call 911 immediately.
Use the Online Report Form to report one of the following crimes or incidents:
- Petit Larceny or Property Theft of less than $1000
- Larceny or Theft of Gasoline
- Lost Items or Property
- Harassing, Threatening, or Obscene Phone Calls
- Any other misdemeanor offenses where there is no physical evidence and the suspect is not present
Do not use the Online Report Form if:
- A present or continuing danger exists
- Physical evidence is present and needs to be collected
- If there is a known suspect and you have information on his or her whereabouts
- The crime involves the discharge of a firearm at an occupied building or dwelling
- The crime involves domestic violence, violation of a protective order, or crimes resulting in physical injuries
- The crime involves significant property loss
- The crime involves forged documents such as forged checks
- You are reporting a stolen vehicle(s)
- Your stolen property has a serial number or unique owner applied number. Such property must be entered in the Nation Crime Information Computer by a police officer.
If the crime does not meet all the criteria above, call 911 for an emergency or 405-321-1444 for a non-emergency. By calling, a police officer will be sent to your location.
Once the report has been received by the police department, it will be entered into our reporting system. A summary of the report may be requested through the Norman Police Department Records Division.