Located in Norman, Oklahoma, Westwood Tennis Center is considered as one of the top public facilities in the United States. In 2007, USTA recognized Westwood as the National Outstanding Facility. Currently, Westwood has 12 outdoor championship courts with four 36-foot youth courts and in 2017 plans to open two climate controlled indoor courts. The tennis center has become the pride of the local tennis community through the facility improvements by the Norman Parks and Recreation Department, the ongoing support of the Norman tennis community and the management of Marc Claude, USPTA Master Professional.
The Westwood Tennis Clubhouse is a fully equipped pro shop featuring tennis racquets, accessories and lounge area with two flat screen televisions. The tennis shop offers stringing services to its customers and the general public servicing not only tennis racquets, but also racquetball and badminton racquets.
Westwood Tennis offers programs for both Juniors and Adults. Junior Development is the passion of Marc Claude, Director of Tennis, and he has designed programs to take student players from grass-roots tennis all the way to the collegiate level. Adult programs, including private lessons, clinics, drill groups and leagues, are also very active at Westwood.
Hours of Operation
Summer Hours March-October
Winter Hours November-February
Closed if temps are 34F or below (including wind chill)
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day
2020 Westwood USTA Tournament Schedule
- 2/25 2:30pm Norman High v Norman North Dual (courts free by 5:30pm)
- 3/2 9:00am Claremore Tournament (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 3/10 8:00am Pauls Valley Tournament (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 3/27-3/29 USTA L6 Challenger (Outdoor courts used all day for 3 days)
- 4/2 8:00am High School Tournament (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 4/3-4/5 Senior State Games Times TBA
- 4/10 8:00am High School Tournament (courts free by 6:00pm)
- 4/17 9:00am High School Quad Dual (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 4/18 8:00am USTA Westwood Smashers (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 5/1-5/2 Oklahoma Senior Pickleball games (indoors courts closed)
- 5/16-5/19 USTA National 16’s (Courts closed)
- 6/20 8:00am USTA Westwood Smashers (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 8/21-8/24 USTA Adult League Sectionals (Times TBA)
- 10/24 Westwood USTA Smashers (courts free by 4:00pm)
How to play a USTA tournaments?
- Consult your private coach on what level you should play. If you are currently not training with a private coach, reach out to Marc at 405.366.8859. Also, click here to help guide you on what circuit would be good for your current level.
- Become a USTA member. Click here to become a member.
- Click here to search for tournaments. Make sure you indicate Missouri Valley-Oklahoma.
- Register for the tournament of your choice. Make sure you meet the deadline! USTA does not allow late entries.
- Typically one-two days after the deadline, the draws/day/times will be posted. Refer back to the tournament page and locate the Draws tab. Look for your age group.
Marc has worked at Westwood Tennis Center for 16 years. Marc is a graduate of Norman High School where he won the class 5A State Championship at #1 Doubles. While serving as Director of Junior Development and Coaching at Westwood Tennis Center, Marc is currently on the USTA Missouri Valley Collegiate committee. He also served on the Board of Directors for the USTA Oklahoma District and on the Babolat Advisory Staff. Marc is involved in all major Westwood tournaments serving both as a site director and on the tournament committee. He is Westwood's main stringing technicians as he strings approximately 1,000 rackets per year. In 2007, the USPTA Missouri Valley Division awarded Marc with the Assistant Professional of the Year award.
Jon is a USPTA certified instructor from Ardmore, Oklahoma where he was a state finalist in both1998 and 1999. Jon was on the 1999 Oklahoma All-State Tennis team. He played tennis for three years at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma. Jon was a high school tennis coach in Chickasha, Oklahoma, and coached one year of college at Oklahoma Christian University. He is currently a graduate student at Southern Nazarene University in the Master's of Arts in Sports Management and Administration program.
Lexi is from Tulsa, Oklahoma where she grew up training at Philcrest Hills Tennis Club and attended Bixby High School. Her freshman year of college (2015-2016), Lexi played tennis for Oklahoma State University. During her time there, the team won a Big 12 Title and was National Runner-Up at the NCAA tournament hosted at Tulsa University. During high school, she was State-Runner Up at #1 Doubles in 2013 and 2014. She was voted Tulsa World Athlete of the Week in 2014. In 2012 and 2014, she trained at the John Newcombe Tennis Academy and played in Super Champ tournaments during her time. As a member of the Newcombe Touring Team, Lexi won multiple tournaments in her time in Europe such as the West Highland Championships in Oban, Scotland and The Liverpool Hope International Tournament in 2013. In Oklahoma, she was ranked in the top 3 players in all age divisions. In Missouri Valley, she was ranked among the top 15.
USTA Oklahoma Honors
- 1999 Outstanding Contributor to USTA Youth Tennis (David Minihan)
- 2000 Outstanding Contributor to USTA Youth Tennis (David Minihan)
- 2000 Facility of the Year
- 2002 Outstanding Contributor to USTA Youth Tennis (David Minihan)
- 2002 Outstanding Tournament - National Open
- 2003 Excellence in Tennis Programming
- 2004 Outstanding Tournament - MV Championship Sectionals
- 2005 Outstanding Tournament - National Open
- 2005 Facility of the Year
- 2006 Outstanding Tournament - MV Super 2
- 2008 Outstanding Tournament - National Open
- 2011 Outstanding Tournament - MV Summer Section Championship
- 2012 Outstanding Tournament - MV Summer Section Championship
- 2012 10 and Under Tennis Provider of the Year (Marc Claude')
USTA Missouri Valley Honors
1999 Outstanding Contributor to USTA Youth Tennis (David Minihan)
2008 Outstanding Tournament - National Open
2011 Outstanding Tennis on Campus Program (Marc Claude')
2012 Outstanding Tournament - MV Summer Section Championship
2012 10 and Under Tennis Provider of the Year (Marc Claude')
2016 Tournament Director of the Quarter (David & Lisa Minihan)
2007 USTA National Outstanding Facility
2016 National Blue Ribbon (Lisa Minihan)
USPTA Oklahoma Honors
1998 Professional of the Year (David Minihan)
USPTA National Honors
2008 Presentation of Master Status to David Minihan