Located in Norman, Oklahoma, Westwood Tennis Center is considered one of the top public facilities in the United States. In 2007, USTA recognized Westwood as the National Outstanding Facility. Currently, Westwood has 12 outdoor championship courts with four 36-foot youth courts and two climate-controlled indoor courts.
The tennis center has become the pride of the local tennis community through the facility improvements by the Norman Parks and Recreation Department, the ongoing support of the Norman tennis community, and the management of Marc Claude, USPTA Master Professional.
The Westwood Tennis Clubhouse is a fully equipped pro shop featuring tennis racquets, accessories, and a lounge area with two flat-screen televisions. The tennis shop offers stringing services to its customers and the general public, servicing tennis racquets and racquetball and badminton racquets.
Westwood Tennis offers programs for both Juniors and Adults. Junior Development is the passion of Marc Claude, Director of Tennis, and he has designed programs to take student players from grass-roots tennis to the collegiate level. Adult programs, including private lessons, clinics, drill groups, and leagues, are also very active at Westwood.
Hours of Operation
Summer Hours March-October
Winter Hours November-February
Closed if temps are 34F or below (including wind chill)
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day
2020 Westwood USTA Tournament Schedule
- 2/25 2:30pm Norman High v Norman North Dual (courts free by 5:30pm)
- 3/2 9:00am Claremore Tournament (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 3/10 8:00am Pauls Valley Tournament (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 3/27-3/29 USTA L6 Challenger (Outdoor courts used all day for 3 days)
- 4/2 8:00am High School Tournament (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 4/3-4/5 Senior State Games Times TBA
- 4/10 8:00am High School Tournament (courts free by 6:00pm)
- 4/17 9:00am High School Quad Dual (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 4/18 8:00am USTA Westwood Smashers (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 5/1-5/2 Oklahoma Senior Pickleball games (indoors courts closed)
- 5/16-5/19 USTA National 16’s (Courts closed)
- 6/20 8:00am USTA Westwood Smashers (courts free by 5:00pm)
- 8/21-8/24 USTA Adult League Sectionals (Times TBA)
- 10/24 Westwood USTA Smashers (courts free by 4:00pm)
How to play a USTA tournaments?
- Consult your private coach on what level you should play. If you are currently not training with a private coach, reach out to Marc at 405.366.8859. Also, click here to help guide you on what circuit would be good for your current level.
- Become a USTA member. Click here to become a member.
- Click here to search for tournaments. Make sure you indicate Missouri Valley-Oklahoma.
- Register for the tournament of your choice. Make sure you meet the deadline! USTA does not allow late entries.
- Typically one-two days after the deadline, the draws/day/times will be posted. Refer back to the tournament page and locate the Draws tab. Look for your age group.
Marc Claudé, USPTA Professional
Director of Tennis
USTA Adult Local League Coordinator for OKC
Marc Claude’ has worked at Westwood Tennis Center for 20 years. In his time here, Marc has helped direct over 30 National Junior Tournaments and 100’s of state and local level tournaments. Marc has been Westwood’s Director of Junior Development and Coaching, served on the Board of Directors of USTA Oklahoma, and currently serves on the Missouri Valley Collegiate Competition Committee.
Marc is a Graduate of Norman High School and was a standout Tennis Player. Winning the Class 5A State Championship at #1 Doubles.
In 2007, Marc won the USPTA’s Missouri Valley Tennis Professional of the Year Award and helped Westwood Tennis Center in being named the USTA’s National Outstanding Facility of the Year. Westwood has been a leader in the industry ever since.
As the Director of Tennis, Marc keeps busy with the addition of 2 New Indoor Courts, 4 dedicated kids 36’ courts and a Newly Remodeled Pro Shop with one of the largest inventories in the state. We thank Marc Claude’ for his many years of service at Westwood.
Call Marc Claude’ at (405)366-8859 for more information. $50 hour. Currently Available for AM Private Lessons and New Drill Groups.
Jon Collings, USPTA Professional
Head Tennis Pro
Director of Junior Development
Jon Collings has been playing tennis since he was 10 years old. He was a 3 year Varsity High School player and was named to the high school Oklahoma All State Tennis Team in 1999. Between playing tennis and coaching, Jon found time to get his Master’s of Arts in Sports Management and Administration from Southern Nazarene University. Congrats, Jon! Class of 2020
As a high school player, Jon was a 2-time Ardmore High School State Tennis Finalist in both 1998 and 1999.
Played College Tennis at University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma - 3 years.
Jon Collings has Coached at the High School and College Level - Chickasha and Oklahoma Christian University.
Jon currently serves as the Director of Junior Development and Coaching at Westwood. Now year around with our new Indoor Courts!
Call Coach Jon at (405)366-8859 for more information. $50 hour. Currently Available for Private Lessons and New Drill Groups.
Lane Evans, USPTA Master Professional
CEO - Lane Evans Tennis and Golf Performance
Lane has 30 years of teaching experience and sits on the USPTA National Board of Directors. He is also a Pro Tester in the Missouri Valley Division for all incoming USPTA Teaching Pros. Lane has spoken around the United States and beyond on Tennis and Golf fitness subjects. He Presented at the 2014 Australian Open Coaches Conference, one of the largest conferences in the world for Tennis Pros.
Lane’s past awards include the 2015 USPTA National Industry Excellence Award, USPTA Missouri Valley Educational Merit Award for 2018 & 2019. Lane played college tennis at High Point University in North Carolina, Played the Tour in 1981-83 and achieved National Rankings in the men’s 40’s, 45’s and 50’s in both singles and doubles. He was a 3-Time Northern California Senior Player of the Year. He was the Walt Stamer Senior Player of the Year and USPTA Professional of the Year for North Carolina in 2011 and 2012.
Tennis: (iTPA) Master Tennis Performance Specialist / Racquet Fit Certified Fitness: (ISSA) Master Trainer / Senior Fitness Golf: (TPI) Titleist Performance Institute Level 1 Certified / Super Swing Speed: Level I, Level 2, Level 3 Certified
Call Coach Evans at (707)386-6206 for more information. $55 hour. Currently Available for Private Lessons and New Drill Groups.
Brian A. Barnes, USPTA Elite Professional
Owner Ultimate Tennis Pro Shops and Academy
@Westwood Tennis Center
Brian has been teaching and coaching tennis for 10 years. He has taught tennis at Discover Tennis, The Tennis Barn and OKC Golf and Country Club. His Ultimate Tennis Pro Shops and Academy have been in operation since 2015. Ultimate Tennis’s newest location here at Westwood Tennis Center has been a resounding success thanks to Brian’s tireless efforts. Thanks Brian!!
Coach Barnes help Found the Yukon Middle School Tennis Program five years ago. His team won 3 Varsity Tournaments, 2 JV Tournaments and had numerous 2nd and 3rd places in 2019. Brian has also Captained five USTA teams – 3 High School Junior Team Tennis and 2 Adult Tri Level Teams. Between Pro Shop Operations, Middle School Tennis and UT Academies - It’s safe to say Tennis is his life!
Brian currently is an MRT candidate and is on the Yonex String Team. He also leads the Cardio Tennis Program at Westwood. Also, look out for a new Day Ball Machine Drill Group featuring the Playmate iGenie Ball Machine w/Serve Lift Feature (99 mph Serves!).
Call Brian A. Barnes at (405)609-9442 for more information. $50 hour. Currently Available Scheduled AM Drill Groups Only.
USTA Oklahoma Honors
- 1999 Outstanding Contributor to USTA Youth Tennis (David Minihan)
- 2000 Outstanding Contributor to USTA Youth Tennis (David Minihan)
- 2000 Facility of the Year
- 2002 Outstanding Contributor to USTA Youth Tennis (David Minihan)
- 2002 Outstanding Tournament - National Open
- 2003 Excellence in Tennis Programming
- 2004 Outstanding Tournament - MV Championship Sectionals
- 2005 Outstanding Tournament - National Open
- 2005 Facility of the Year
- 2006 Outstanding Tournament - MV Super 2
- 2008 Outstanding Tournament - National Open
- 2011 Outstanding Tournament - MV Summer Section Championship
- 2012 Outstanding Tournament - MV Summer Section Championship
- 2012 10 and Under Tennis Provider of the Year (Marc Claude')
USTA Missouri Valley Honors
1999 Outstanding Contributor to USTA Youth Tennis (David Minihan)
2008 Outstanding Tournament - National Open
2011 Outstanding Tennis on Campus Program (Marc Claude')
2012 Outstanding Tournament - MV Summer Section Championship
2012 10 and Under Tennis Provider of the Year (Marc Claude')
2016 Tournament Director of the Quarter (David & Lisa Minihan)
2007 USTA National Outstanding Facility
2016 National Blue Ribbon (Lisa Minihan)
USPTA Oklahoma Honors
1998 Professional of the Year (David Minihan)
USPTA National Honors
2008 Presentation of Master Status to David Minihan