We are actively recruiting volunteers for the following events:
- Monarchs in the Park - October 1, 2023 - Monarch Festival in Andrews Park (201 W. Daws) - 11 AM to 4 PM. Help make this fun festival a success! We are looking for volunteers to help us make Monarchs in the Park another hit! Email email@example.com for more information or to volunteer!
Questions? Give DoERS a call - 405-292-9731.
Here are some other ways YOU can become involved:
- Join an organized street or park clean-up event. Throughout the year, the City plans and executes several park and street clean-up events. We provide water, snacks, supplies and trash removal. You will help improve the way your community looks, as well as improve your environment. Sign up and help out! Contact Michelle Chao at 405-366-5435 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Michele Loudenback at 405-307-7130 or email@example.com to learn more and sign up.
- Mark storm drains in your neighborhood or around the City. The storm drain on your street does more than just collect water. It is part of a system that routes stormwater runoff directly to our local creeks and rivers where it may have serious impacts on wildlife and the environment. You can help by marking our storm drains as a reminder to keep pollution out of our storm sewer. It takes a little work, but you will be protecting Norman's water and natural environment. The Stormwater Division will provide water, snacks, supplies and training. Contact Michelle Chao at 405-366-5435 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Help plan a clean-up event for your specific group. Whether an organized group from school, church or other civic institution, or just a gathering of friends and family, your group of 20 or more volunteers can have an event created just for you! Contact us, and together, we can craft an event that satisfies your distinctive desires. We will provide water, snacks, supplies and trash weighing and trash removal. Knowing your group's direct impact on our environment will help fortify its strength! Contact Michelle Chao at 405-366-5435 or email@example.com or Michele Loudenback at 405-307-7130 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- Participate in the Adopt-A-Street Program with your group. The Adopt-A-Street program is a beautification partnership between the City of Norman and its citizens to remove litter from streets with goal of keeping our City cleaner and safer. Neighborhood associations, civic organizations, businesses, or any group willing to help the environment and appearance of our City by keeping litter off the streets can sign up. Participating members must be at least eleven (11) years of age. Streets are adopted for a period of two (2) years, and participating organizations will have recognition signs installed on each end of the group's adopted mile of City street. Participants are required to pick up litter from their adopted mile at least once every sixty (60) days. The City will provide trash bags, safety vests (to be worn while working), and safety training and traffic control devices, as well as trash removal. Contact the Traffic Division at 405-329-0528 for more information. Adopt-A-Street Brochure
- Register your group for the Clean Neighborhood Project. Hate Litter? Want to help your community? The Clean Neighborhood Project (a Keep Norman Neat effort) is a great way to give back to your community while beautifying your City. Your team selects the location and the day to hold your cleanup - maybe on your very own street - and the City provides supplies and trash disposal! Check it out here: Clean Neighborhood Project.
Interested in other volunteer opportunities?
Check out these organizations: