UPDATE: Norman Police Arrest One in connection to October Shooting

Norman Police arrested 42-year-old Bryan Foree (DOB: 09/23/1979) in the 2600 block of Briarcliff Road on Sunday evening in connection to the October shooting that injured an adult female. Foree had outstanding warrants for domestic assault and battery with a deadly weapon and possession of a firearm after a felony conviction. He was booked into the Cleveland County Detention Center without incident.

On October 21, officers responded to the Norman Regional HealthPlex in reference to a woman who had been shot. The adult female had a gunshot wound to her arm, leg and torso. She was transported to an area hospital where she was later released. The investigation revealed that Foree shot the victim during a domestic disturbance at a residence in the 400 block of Toberman Drive. Foree drove her to the Norman Regional HealthPlex and left the area before officers arrived.

Since the shooting occurred, officers and detectives have conducted numerous proactive projects and investigations searching for Foree, along with any other individuals associated with this violent crime. This search concluded Sunday evening when Foree was arrested in the backyard of a residence by patrol officers and members of the NPD SWAT Team. This investigation is an example of the collaboration that occurs daily between all divisions of the department, and is the embodiment of the community outreach initiative that was developed with the recent restructuring of the department.

“I am proud of the work that the men and women of the Norman Police Department did throughout this investigation, “said Norman Police Chief Kevin Foster. “I know that that they worked tirelessly, as a team, to solidify criminal charges, locate, and arrest the shooting suspect. They also did a tremendous job of caring for the victim and serving both her and her family throughout this difficult process. This is just another example of the commitment that we have to both protecting and serving our community.”   

The incident remains under investigation by the NPD Criminal Investigations Division.