Silver Star Construction will be closing the southbound lanes of Classen Boulevard on Oct. 27 between Boyd Street and Brooks Street for manhole adjustment associated with Asphalt pavement maintenance. This work is expected to last for a duration of three days. Traffic impacts are expected with this work and alternate routes are advised.
Questions about the construction may be directed to Joseph Hill at 405-329-2524 or email@example.com
History of the Project
On April 6, 2021, Norman residents voted to approve the issuance of $27 million in bonds to fund the resurfacing, rehabilitation and reconstruction of neighborhood streets as part of a 5-year, 5-category program. The five categories include (1) Urban Asphalt Street Rehabilitation, (2) Urban Concrete Street Rehabilitation, (3) Urban Road Reconstruction, (4) Rural Road Rehabilitation, and (5) Preventative Maintenance. Prior to the election, the City provided a list of all streets included in the program based upon the pavement condition data from the City’s current Pavement Management System. The following is the list of the FYE 2022 Urban Asphalt Pavement project locations included in this project:
- Sunset Addition Iowa St. (N. Sherry Ave. / 1512 Iowa St.)
- Classen-Miller Addition Classen Blvd. (Alameda St. / Enid St.) Classen Blvd. (Lindsey St. / S. 2400 Blk)
- Parsons Addition Flood Ave. (Main St. / Symmes St.) Flood Ave. (Symmes St. / Boyd St.)
- Oakridge Addition Pickard Ave. (Elmwood Dr. / Lindsey St.)
- Berkley Addition Bishops Ct. (Astor Dr. / Cul-de-Sac)
- Franklin Rd. (48th Ave NW / Interstate 35)
This project involves rehabilitation of the existing pavement including milling, deep patching, overlaying with new asphalt, and crack sealing where necessary. On July 13, 2021, Norman City Council approved Contract K-2122-4 with Silver Star Construction Company to complete the above listed work.