Temporary street closures before, during and after Norman Music Festival and Lions Club Carnival will affect downtown traffic April 27-May 1.
The Norman Music Festival and Lions Club Carnival take place concurrently from April 28-30 in Downtown Norman.
The closures include:
- James Garner Blvd –South 100 block, from Main Street to Eufaula Street, will be closed beginning at 7 a.m. on 4/27/22 for set-up of the Lion Club Carnival. The North 100 block will close at noon on 4/29/22 for the Norman Music Festival.
- Crawford Avenue – The North 100 block of Crawford Avenue, from Main Street to Gray Street will be closed at 6 p.m. on 4/28/22. The South 100 blocks of Crawford will be will be closed beginning at noon on 4/29/22.
- Gray Street Parking Lot – The public parking lot on Gray Street, between Peters and Crawford Avenues, will close at 8 a.m. on 4/29/22. Forty parking spaces will be reserved for annual parking permit holders until 6 p.m. on 4/29/22.
- Main Street – The 100 West, 100 East, 200 East, and 300 East blocks of Main Street will be closed beginning at noon on 4/29/22.
- Jones Ave – The North and South 100 blocks of Jones Avenue will be will be closed beginning at noon on 4/29/22.
- Peters Avenue - The North and South 100 blocks of Peters Avenue will be will be closed beginning at noon on 4/29/22.
All streets will reopen by Sunday, May 1 at 5 a.m., with the exception of the South 100 block of James Garner Blvd. This section of James Garner will reopen by 5 p.m. on Sunday, May 1 to allow for the carnival operators to dismantle equipment. Drivers should allow extra time downtown during the closures.
On-street parking in the area will not be accessible while the streets are closed. Pedestrian access will be maintained. Click here to access an Event Map for the Norman Music Festival.
Both events are managed and organized through citizen-led volunteer groups, in coordination with the City of Norman.