Officials from the U.S. Small Business Administration forwarded information to City of Norman staff on May 15, 2023, about federal assistance available to County residents and businesses affected by the April 19-20 Severe Storms, Straight line Winds and Tornadoes. Information and materials have been reshared below.
In Cleveland County, individuals can now get face to face help to apply for assistance from both FEMA and SBA. The majority of low-interest loan recovery funds goes to Homeowners and Renters for losses not covered by insurance, according to SBA officials.
New OK Disaster Recovery Center opened in Cleveland County on 5/13/23
The following joint federal/state Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) opened in Cleveland County on Saturday, May 13 to help survivors affected by the severe storms, straight-line winds and tornadoes that occurred April 19-20.
The DRC in Noble is located at:
12 Corners Baptist Church
15601 E Etowah Road
Noble, OK 73068
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Mondays - Tuesdays, Thursdays - Saturdays
Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Assistance to Residents and Businesses – SBA Office of Disaster Recovery and Resilience
- Federal low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) are available to Oklahoma businesses, homeowners, and renters impacted by the April 19-20 severe storms, straight-line winds and tornadoes.
- As of May 15, the SBA has approved 30 loans for $1,193,700 in low-interest loans for businesses of all sizes, private nonprofits, homeowners, and renters to assist in their recovery from the severe storms, straight line winds and tornadoes in Oklahoma April 19-20.
- SBA disaster loans are the largest source of federal disaster recovery funds for survivors. Long-term, low-interest disaster loans from the SBA are available for businesses of all sizes, nonprofit organizations, homeowners, and renters to repair, rebuild or replace disaster-damaged physical property and to cover economic injury from the severe storms, straight-line winds and tornadoes that occurred April 19-20, 2023.
- Businesses and residents may also be eligible for SBA disaster assistance to help repair or replace personal vehicles damaged or destroyed by the severe storms, straight-line winds and tornadoes. Leased vehicles are also eligible for assistance to cover the uncompensated repair costs and deductibles.
- SBA disaster loans cover losses not fully compensated by insurance or other resources. Survivors should not wait for an insurance settlement before submitting an SBA loan application. There is no cost to apply for an SBA disaster loan; and if declined you may be referred back to FEMA for additional grant assistance.
- Applicants may be eligible for a U.S. Small Business Administration loan amount increase up to 20 percent of their property’s physical damage to make their home safer. To learn more, visit SBA.gov/disaster.
Survivors can contact an SBA customer service representative via email at email@example.com ;or by phone at 800-659-2955 for help applying.
Survivors can also apply online at disasterloanassistance.sba.gov. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call 800-877-8339. Please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services.
Other County Disaster Recovery Centers in OK remain open to help Residents & Businesses
FEMA and SBA staff continue to work in Oklahoma, at the two joint Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) in McClain and Pottawatomie counties, to help survivors affected by the severe storms, straight-line winds and tornadoes.
130 N Louisa Ave.
Shawnee, OK 74801
Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week
Cole Community Center
26887 Main Street
Blanchard, OK 73010
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., seven days a week.
SBA Business Recovery Center in Shawnee OK offers Face-to-Face Help with Assistance
SBA opened the below Business Recovery Center to provide a wide range of services to businesses and nonprofits. This one-stop location offers SBA customer service representatives that are available to meet individually with each business owner.
SBA Business Recovery Center
231 North Bell Ave.- 2nd Floor
Shawnee, OK 74801
Hours: Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturdays, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.