The recommended timeframe for trick or treat in Norman is 5-8 p.m. on 10/31/23. As Halloween draws closer, the City of Norman and Norman Police Department would like to remind residents to consider the following safety tips during fall festivities, especially those who plan on trick-or-treating or who will be out Halloween night.
- Trick-or-treat in your own neighborhood. Plan a trick-or-treating route in a familiar, well-lit area.
- Ensure trick-or-treaters are accompanied by an adult and walk in groups.
- Make sure children and accompanying adults wear bright, easily visible costumes and clothing and carry a flashlight or some other alternative lighting source.
- Never go into a stranger’s home or accept a ride from someone you don’t know.
- Walk on sidewalks wherever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe and to prevent accidents or injury.
- Always cross the street at a corner or an intersection using traffic signals and crosswalks, and remember to look both ways before entering the roadway.
- Drive slowly, eliminate distractions and remain attentive in neighborhoods.
- Use EXTREME CAUTION when driving in areas where street lighting is poor or in case of inclement weather.
- Enter and exit driveways carefully as children are quickly moving through these areas.
- Utilize a designated driver if you plan to attend a Halloween party where alcohol will be served.
Norman Parks & Recreation will also host the 2023 Zombie Run, open to all community members, on October 28 at Ruby Grant Park. Learn more or sign up to participate at https://runsignup.com/Race/OK/Norman/ZombieRun5Kand1MileDashandDance?fbclid=IwAR1efFDONgHQypvRcefZfJVkOT8AtE3IGlh7f_zoCZiOYStsTm6wYoqKD8c .