We are pleased to announce the release of our 2016 Annual Report. The report highlights some of last year's significant achievements, including those in:
- Public safety and justice;
- Parks, recreation and library services;
- Community and economic developments;
- Transportation improvements;
- Environmental and utility services;
- Strategic support;
- Revenue/expenditure information;
- City accolades and recognitions and awards achieved by our City departments and our employees.
Norman is wonderful place to live. History is deep-rooted in our city and education is a major focus. We have an open government which promotes community involvement as evidenced by the approximately 250 residents who volunteer their time and expertise to serve on 32 boards, committees and commissions. Today more than 120,000 people have chosen to call Norman home. Recent surveys show that what residents like most is the inviting, small-town feel Norman has been able to maintain even as it has grown into a diverse, vibrant and cultured city.
The accomplishments listed in this report reflect a team-effort by elected officials, City staff and involved citizens who are focused on "working together to deliver exceptional service" to you, our residents.