For accessibility assistance please contact the ADA Technician at 405-366-5424.

Important Documents and Information

General Election Information

Visit the Oklahoma State Election Board to download a voter registration application and to get more information on registering to vote. You can also get voter registration applications at the state election board office, your county election board office or post offices, tag agencies and libraries. You can also register to vote online at the OK Voter Portal. Once you complete your application be sure to print, sign, and mail the application to the Cleveland County Election Board in order to complete the process. 

The Norman Council is nonpartisan and members serve part-time at the head of the City’s Council-Manager form of government.


Voting Information



Cleveland County Fairgrounds, 615 E Robinson Street in Norman

Click here to locate your usual polling location.

View a City of Norman Ward Map by clicking here.



Municipal Campaign Information

For municipal campaign information such as reporting calendars, guides, laws, contribution charts, checklists and reporting forms please visit the Oklahoma Ethics Commission website. 
Click the button below to view the most current Quarterly or Pre-Election Contribution and Expenditure Reports that were filed. 


Social Media Public Participation Policy

How to sign up to speak at a public meeting

How to Sign Up to Speak at regular City Council Meetings 

All sign ups must be done before the meeting starts

  1. The City has a webform that the public can use to sign up for regular City Council Meetings. The webform will open for submissions once the agenda has been posted, which is typically the Friday before the meeting, unless there is a holiday. The webform will close at 4:00 p.m. the day of the meeting unless otherwise noted. If there are no items on the agenda for public comment this form will not be open to submissions.
  2. You may also sign up by calling the City Clerk's Office at (405) 366-5406 during regular business hours. 
  3. For walk-in sign ups, there will be a form at the back of the room the day of the meeting beginning at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers. The form will be removed when the meeting starts. 

When the time comes for public comments for those that have signed up to speak, the Clerk will call your name and you can make your way to the podium. Comments may be limited on items of higher interest, if so, the Mayor will announce that at the beginning of the meeting. Participants may speak one time only up to 3 minutes per person per item. There will be no yielding of time to another person. Sign up does not guarantee you will get to speak if the allotted time for that item has already been exhausted. If there is time remaining after those registered to speak have spoken, persons not previously signed up may have the opportunity to speak. Comments received must be limited to the motion on the floor only.

Please note that some City Council meetings and/or City Council Committee meetings do not allow for public comment or miscellaneous discussion. If you have any questions about a City Council meeting please call the City Clerk's Office at (405) 366-5406.  


For information on how to speak at other Boards & Commissions or Committee meetings please click here as each board has their own policy. 

Subscribe to Norman News

Signup to receive regular updates on city happenings from Norman Staff. 

Subscribe to AlertNorman

Norman residents can sign up to receive free emergency alerts from the City of Norman via text message, email, and/or voice message.

Host a Special Event

Permits are often required to hold events such as festivals, parades, walks and runs, carnivals, etc. on public right-of-way including streets, sidewalks, alleys, and easements. Learn more here.......

Receive Weekly City Reports

City Manager's Reports are sent out every Friday and include upcoming meetings, department data, construction updates and more!


Chief Communications Officer Tiffany Vrska may be reached at 405.217.7723 or for media or public information requests.