Volunteers are an integral part of the Norman Police Department and Norman Animal Welfare assisting staff with everything from administrative tasks to community outreach.
The Norman Police Department and Norman Animal Welfare are temporarily suspending the volunteer program through March due to the recent spike in COVID-19 cases and staffing concerns. Applications and training courses will likely reopen in April 2022.
Apply to Volunteer
Community volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Before submitting your volunteer application, please review the following qualifiers:
- Any felony convictions
- Any arrest(s) and/or conviction(s) of a crime in any of the following categories within the past three years: Violent Offenses, Drug/Alcohol Offenses, Theft Offenses, or Protective Custody Detentions
- Dishonorable discharge from the military for any Acts of Violence, Drug/Alcohol Offenses, or Theft Offenses
- History of Cruelty to Animals
- Committed Acts of Harassment to Animals
- Own or possess any animals that are in violation of a City of Norman Animal Welfare ordinance
How to Apply
Norman Police Department volunteer applications are accepted year-round online. If you desire to volunteer with us, apply online.
Once submitted, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you directly to complete a background check.
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator
For additional information on the Norman Police Department's volunteer program and available volunteer positions, contact Sgt. Jeff Casillas at 405-366-5267 or by email at Jeffrey.Casillas@NormanOK.gov.