Beginning Monday, November 29, 2021, traffic signals at Interstate Drive will become operational allowing all traffic movements to return to normal at this new intersection.
With the completion of the work at Interstate Drive, Redlands Contracting will begin making the proposed intersection improvements to the Crossroads Boulevard/Rambling Oaks Drive/Robinson Street intersection. The first work to be completed is the reconstruction of the south leg of Rambling Oaks Drive, which will require the closure of this leg for approximately five weeks. Traffic signals will be turned off during the work at this intersection, which will restrict southbound left turns from Crossroads Boulevard during this phase of construction. Posted detour routes will be installed prior to the closure of Rambling Oaks Drive.
History of the Project
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) conducted a bid opening on November 19, 2020, for the Robinson Street West of I-35 Project, located from I-35 to west of Rambling Oaks Drive/Cross Roads Boulevard intersection. The low bidder was Redlands Contracting, LLC. of Warr Acres, Oklahoma in the amount of $5,025,867.62. ODOT awarded this project at the December 7, 2020, Transportation Commission Meeting. This project has a 270-calendar day construction schedule. Taking into account weather days, staff estimates a February 2022 completion. ODOT is administering the construction of this project because federal transportation funds are being used. They have contracted the day-to-day Construction Management to Jacobs of Oklahoma City.
The project involves the following items:
- Widen Robinson Street for the addition of right turn and left turn lanes
- Relocate & reconfigure Interstate Drive/Robinson Street intersection east of current location
- Intersection improvements to Crossroads Boulevard/Rambling Oaks Drive/Robinson Street intersection
- New street lights, traffic signals, street signs and traffic signal interconnect along the project
- Interstate 35 on and off ramp reconstruction south of Robinson Street
- Continuous sidewalks and accessibility
- Stormwater improvements