Norman’s community Halloween trick or treat will take place from 5-8 p.m. on 10/31/22. As Halloween draws closer, the Norman Police Department would like to remind residents to consider the following safety tips during fall festivities, especially those who plan on trick-or-treating or who will be out Halloween night.
- Trick-or-treat in your own neighborhood. Plan a trick-or-treating route in a familiar, well-lit area.
- Ensure trick-or-treaters are accompanied by an adult and walk in groups.
- Make sure children and accompanying adults wear bright, easily visible costumes and clothing and carry a flashlight or some other alternative lighting source.
- Never go into a stranger’s home or accept a ride from someone you don’t know.
- Walk on sidewalks wherever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe and to prevent accidents or injury.
- Always cross the street at a corner or an intersection using traffic signals and crosswalks, and remember to look both ways before entering the roadway.
- Drive slowly, eliminate distractions and remain attentive in neighborhoods.
- Use EXTREME CAUTION when driving in areas where street lighting is poor or in case of inclement weather.
- Enter and exit driveways carefully as children are quickly moving through these areas.
- Utilize a designated driver if you plan to attend a Halloween party where alcohol will be served.