In light of reduced daily new cases of COVID-19 in the city of Norman and an increase in the vaccinated population, Mayor Breea Clark signed a proclamation increasing capacity for bars, restaurants, gyms, sporting events to 75% capacity effective immediately.
Updated restrictions include:
- The capacity of all restaurants, bars and fitness center facilities, as set by the Fire Department, shall be reduced by 75%;
- The capacity of all organized indoor gatherings and organized indoor sporting events shall not exceed 75% of the event space capacity as set by the Fire Department, provided that:
- Frequent and visible cleaning of the space, including chair levers, tables, door handles, etc. occurs using cleaners that have been shown to be effective at eliminating or killing COVID-19; and
- Alternative floor plans are used to ensure social distancing; and
- Any audio-visual equipment is disinfected after each use.
Masks continue to be required in Norman through June 1, 2021. To learn more about the proclamation and see frequently asked questions, visit the City’s coronavirus update website at coronavirus.normanok.gov.
Information and guidance are also available from the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).