The City of Norman Administrative Offices, 201 W. Gray Street, will be closed Friday, July 3 in observance of the Fourth of July.
Sanitation services, including recycling and commercial will remain on regular schedule on Friday. The Compost Facility and the Transfer Station will also remain open for regular hours. The Compost Facility located at 398 Bratcher Miner Road is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday. The Transfer Station located at 3901 S. Chautauqua, is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday.
The following impacts to parks will be in place:
- All recreation and community centers will be closed on Friday and Saturday.
- The Westwood Tennis Center will remain open for regular operating hours on Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Westwood Golf Course will be open for the Fourth of July tournament only.
- The Westwood Aquatic Family Center is currently closed with plans to reopen for regular operating hours from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday
- The annual fireworks display at Reaves Park will not be held. The celebration is planned to be held on Sunday, September 6.
Residents are reminded that the unauthorized discharge of fireworks within the City of Norman is not permitted under City Ordinance 9-202. Violators will be required to appear in court and could be fined $50 to $750 and 60 days in jail. This ordinance can be viewed at http://bit.ly/FireworkOrdinance.