City of Norman launches new, user-friendly website
The City of Norman has launched a new version of NormanOk.gov that aims to continually improve access to public services and information for the people of Norman.
The website has been redesigned and redeveloped to be more usable, intuitive and accessible. The major improvements to its design and back-end technology infrastructure aims for users to easily navigate through its data-informed interface.
“Our website is the first impression many people have of Norman. It’s the portal that allows community members to connect with their local government any time day or night,” said City Manager Darrel Pyle. “It is one of the most powerful tools we have to keep the public engaged and informed. Which is why we’re excited to launch this new user-friendly version that is just the latest endeavor towards our goal of providing exceptional service to our residents.”
The new, service-focused website is mobile-friendly, secured for user privacy protection, and makes accessibility a priority. Many key features of the new website can be accessed directly from the new dynamic homepage that includes a “How Do I” tab that takes community members directly to the information they need. Among the improved website features are:
- Navigation organization aligned with how community members would look for items.
- Home page reorganized to most frequently accessed topics.
- Dynamic calendar of community meetings and events that can be filtered by department, date or type.
- Compliant with current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- Responsive design that automatically formats the site for use on phones, tablets, or computers.
- Improved Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Easy to use site search on every page.
- Site-wide translation from English to Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Korean, and Portuguese.
- A new News & Events section for easy access to City news and announcements.
- Continued monitoring of Google Analytics and use of Interpersonal Frequency’s proprietary Voice of the Citizen analytic tools and surveys to gauge citizen satisfaction and enhance the user experience.
The new site was created in partnership with Interpersonal Frequency and web content contributors from all City departments. To leave feedback or request additional information be added to the website fill out the contact form.