Sanitation Yardwaste Collection
Yard waste Collection
IMPORTANT NOTICE: EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 01, 2014, THE YARDWASTE COLLECTION WILL SWITCH FROM WEEKLY PICK UP TO ONCE PER MONTH FOR THE MONTHS OF DECEMBER, JANUARY AND FEBRUARY. THE ONCE PER MONTH SERVICE WILL TAKE PLACE ON THE FIRST FULL WEEK OF EACH MONTH. DECEMBER'S COLLECTION WILL BE DECEMBER 01-05, JANUARY WILL BE JANUARY 05-09, AND FEBRUARY WILL BE FEBRUARY 02-06. THE DAY OF COLLECTOIN WILL STILL BE THE SAME, IT IS JUST REDUCED TO ONCE PER MONTH. THESE THREE MONTHS PRODUCE THE LOWEST AMOUNT OF YARD WASTE AND THIS WILL IMPROVE OUR COST EFFECTIVENESS.
- Yardwaste is collected once per week, March through November.
- During the months of December, January and February, it is collected once per month, during the first full work week of the month on your normal yardwaste collection day.
- Place yard waste out for service no later than 7:30 a.m.
- Yard waste and yard waste containers, may be placed at the curbside no earlier then 12:00 p.m. the day prior to collection and must be removed from the curbside no later then 12:00 p.m. the day following collection.
- Other than collection times, the yard waste containers shall be placed house side, not left at the curb.
- Tree limbs need to be no more than 4 feet in length and no more than 2 inches in diameter and bundled with twine or string.
- Yardwaste should be placed no more than 7 feet from the curbside.
- Rural customers should contact the Sanitation office if you need a pickup.
- Yardwaste is not to be placed in the polycart. Use either trash bags or regular cans as long as they do not exceed 35 gallons.