Sanitation Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste Collection
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective December 1, yard waste collection will be reduced from weekly to monthly collection for the months of December, January and February. December yard waste will be collected the week of December 5-9. January will be collected dthe week of January 2-6; and February will be collected the week of February 6-10. There will be no change in the day of service, just the frequency of collection.
You can take yard waste to the compost facility from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. (Compost and mulch will be available for pick up throughout winter months while supplies last.) The facility is at 398 Bratcher-Miner Road.
If needed, you can also schedule a bulk collection. For information and bulk collection fees, contact Sanitation at 329-1023.
YARD WASTE SERVICE:
- Yard waste is collected once per week, March through November.
- During the months of December, January and February, it is collected once per month, during the first full work week of the month on your normal yardwaste collection day.
- Place yard waste out for service no later than 7:30 a.m.
- Yard waste and yard waste containers, may be placed at the curbside no earlier then 12:00 p.m. the day prior to collection and must be removed from the curbside no later then 12:00 p.m. the day following collection.
- Other than collection times, the yard waste containers shall be placed house side, not left at the curb.
- Tree limbs need to be no more than 4 feet in length and no more than 2 inches in diameter and bundled with twine or string.
- Yard waste should be placed no more than 7 feet from the curbside.
- Rural customers should contact the Sanitation office if you need a pickup.
- Yard waste is not to be placed in the polycart. Use either trash bags or regular cans as long as they do not exceed 35 gallons.