Plumbing Permit Fee Schedule
Plumbing permits will be issued to contractors currently licensed by the State of Oklahoma and the City of Norman. The fees are based on Norman Code Section 5-104. If you have any questions regarding the fee structure, please call the City of Norman Building Permit Information and Inspection Desk at (405) 366-5339.
A fee summary is provided below to help you estimate fees associated with the most frequently issued or most commonly issued plumbing trade permits. Actual fees will be determined when the permit is issued. Every effort has been made to assure accuracy of the information presented in this document, but the calculation of fees determined when the permit is issued will prevail.
New Construction—the fees for urban service area new construction are determined by the water and gas meter size. In rural areas, or areas where the water is coming from a well, the new construction fees are determined by the pump discharge size, and the gas meter size. Additional fees for water/sewer connection and meter, or sewer excise tax may be applicable.
Effective June 1, 2010 the City of Norman began collecting $4.00 for each permit issued above the cost of the permit as mandated by the Oklahoma Uniform Building Commission (OUBCC). This is pursuant to State Statue 59 O.S. SS 1000.23 and 1000.25 also known as the Uniform Building Code Commission Act; and in accordance to the Emergency Rules Title 748 of the Uniform Building Code Commission (OUBCC) signed into effect by Governor Brad Henry on January 12, 2010.
- New Gas Service under 2 inches $ 17.50 each
- New Gas Service 2 to 3 inches $ 22.50 each
- New Gas Service over 3 inches $ 32.50 each
- New Water Service 3/4 inch $ 35.00 each
- New Water Service 1 inch $ 65.00 each
- New Water Service 1 1/2 inch $ 125.00 each
- New Water Service 2 inch $ 215.00 each
- New Water Service 3 inch $ 485.00 each
- New Water Service 4 inch $ 725.00 each
- New Water Service 6 inch $ 845.00 each
- New Water Service 8 inch $ 1,050.00 each
- New Water Service 10 inch $ 1,560.00 each
Replacement or repair of existing water, sewer or gas lines there is a $15.00 fee. For any other plumbing work, including replacing a hot water heater or installing a sprinkler tie-in, there will be a minimum permit fee, unless more than two inspections are required. In that instance, it will be a minimum fee plus $15.00 per each additional inspection.
- Existing Gas, Sewer or Water …...$15.00
- Minimum Fee……………...……....$25.00
- Per Inspection Fee…….……..…...$15.00
Other Costs: There is a $25.00 cost for re-inspections or for on-site consultations with the City Inspectors.