668 East Lindsey Street
Street Maintenance is responsible for the management, maintenance and construction improvements of streets, alleys, bridges, culverts and their associated systems. Related activities include snow removal, ice control, and repairs to maintain roadway conditions within approved pavement management criteria. Street Maintenance exists to provide safe, well drained, durable streets, effective pavement management and responsive emergency services to all citizens of Norman and their visitors.
- Provide for the management, maintenance and construction of street and drainage systems.
- Respond to citizen requests.
- Maintenance of Portland cement concrete, asphalt concrete and chip-sealed streets, and aggregate surfaced rural roads.
- Surface and roadside maintenance for approximately 20 miles of aggregate surfaced rural public roads.
- Provides maintenance and reconstruction/repair of the City’s streets and roadways including roadbed drainage and bridges and culverts.
- Provides emergency disaster response related to flooding, winter storms, severe storms and non-hazardous material chemical spills.
- Coordinates rural roadway improvement projects with County.
- To manage and perform maintenance and construction of streets, alleys, bridges, culverts, channels and storm sewers.
- To manage and maintain roadside and drainage maintenance.
- To manage and perform snow/ice control, flood damage control, and respond to emergency situations.
- Aid in the Norman City Council Strategic Plan, vision, and goals, for a functional, attractive, and clean and green Norman.
- Manage and provide response to citizen’s maintenance requests and the City of Norman Action Center notifications within a twenty-four hour response time.
- Provide safe and efficient transportation system.
- Weather damage response.