Odd/Even Water Conservation
KNOW YOUR WATERING SCHEDULE
The City of Norman instituted a continuous Stage I Mandatory Water Conservation plan with a goal of accomplishing a reduction in the water demand to more closely match the continuous supply capabilities of the City.
Year-round requirements in effect
- Watering with a soaker hose or by hand-held hose with a positive shut off nozzle is allowed at any time.
- No water waste through runoff, missing,misaligned or broken sprinkler heads.
Exceptions to the restrictions
- Private owners with private water wells used for irrigation purposes are exempt.
Water Conservation Tips
- Since 2005, the City requires all new automatic irrigation systems to have a rain sensor and freeze gauges installed to promote water conservation.
- Residents are encouraged to use native and adapted drought tolerate plants in their landscaping.
- Residents are encouraged to operate sprinklers between 4:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- Perform a regular review of irrigation sprinklers to ensure proper operation, prevent watering sidewalks and streets, and repair any sprinkler heads.
Additional water conservation measures are utilized when drought patterns begin. The City Manager begins with Stage 2 Conservation and elevates the restrictions up to Stage 5 Conservation, if drought conditions persist and/or extreme conditions dictate such.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact customer service at (405) 217-7739.
Any property owner found in violation of the above requirements will receive an initial warning from the City Code Enforcement Division. Repeated property owner offenses may result in charges being filed in municipal court as outlined in City Ordinance 21-501.
Sec. 21-501. Penalty.
(a) Any person, firm, or corporation convicted of violating any provision of this chapter, or of failing to act or comply with the provisions of this chapter,shall be punished by a monetary fine in an amount not less than fifty dollars ($50.00) nor more than seven hundred fifty dollars ($750.00), or by imprisonment for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days, or by both such fine and imprisonment for each such violation or failure to comply.
(b) Each day that a violation or failure to comply exists shall constitute a separate and distinct offense, and any one (1) or more of such offenses may be set out in any complaint or information filed.
(Ord. No. 0-7374-32; Ord. No. 0-9596-45; Ord. No. 0-9900-11; Ord. No. 0-0506-10)
Here is a link to informational resources